Beginning of Year Letter to Parents 2019-2020
Dear Parents ,
I am delighted that your child is in Room 212. We all look forward to many exciting and rewarding experiences as the year progresses.
Since lifelong success depends in part on learning to make responsible choices, I have developed a discipline plan, which affords every student guidance in making good decisions concerning his/her behavior. This will also provide students with an opportunity to learn in a positive, nurturing environment. Your child deserves the best educational climate possible and together we will make this year successful. The plan below outlines my classroom rules and possible rewards and consequences for appropriate and inappropriate behavior. Please discuss them with your child and then sign and return the last page when your child brings the packet home.
- Follow directions the first time they are given. No exceptions.
- Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Maintain a Level 0 unless otherwise instructed by a teacher.
- Always use appropriate language. Always be respectful. Do not swear or tease.
- Always remain in your classroom and in your seat unless you have permission to leave. Always raise your hand when asking for permission.
- Complete all in-class and homework assignments. Hand in assignments on time.
(Parents please do not allow your child to bring toys to school. They are a constant distraction and create unnecessary issues in the classroom and at recess.)
To encourage students to follow these rules, appropriate behavior will be recognized regularly with Classroom Dojo points, praise, rewards, special privileges and positive notes/emails/calls home. There will be, however, consequences for students who choose to break our rules such as a loss of Dojo points and/or special privileges, time-out, and notes home regarding behavior. Severe and consistent behavior problems will warrant blue slips, a call or email home, or a meeting with the floor director.
Information for signing up for Classroom Dojo will be sent home soon.
It is my goal to work with you to ensure the success of your child this year. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact me at (773) 534-5846
Classroom website at Educator Pages: parks212.com
Ms. N. Parks